On-line lessons with a live teacher enable children to become more aware that using computers is not just about games, scores and videos. They also offer a convenient way to gain access to lessons and tuition from the comfort of your home or the school class room.
- Lessons in the security of your home / school
- Flexible lessons times
- Children use their computer for learning
- Integrate digital technology into lessons
- Wide range of on line tools
- Progress is rewarded with Open Badges
- A real live teacher works on-line with the children
Frequently asked questions
- What is a live online lesson or course?
An online lesson or online course is where a fully qualified teacher can help your child with their school work or exam preparation using the internet.
- What computer equipment do I need?
- A laptop or desktop PC. (Mac is not supported unless running via a PC emulator)
- Headphones/Speakers and a microphone – are used to listen as well as talk to the teacher
- You are encouraged to write on the online whiteboard – suggesting solutions and answering problems so a tablet, could help you to write on the screen. This is not essential as you can write with your mouse
- How do I get started?
- You book your lessson or course online. Pay through Paypal
- We will send you an email with confirmation of the date, time and place of the meeting.
- Your Adobe Connect session is opened up half an hour before the event starts. This gives you time to do any last minute checks
- The meeting will start on time so that you and your family do not have to wait around the computer waiting for the event to start
- What technology do you use for your online lessons?
We use Adobe Connect to deliver our online lessons, its easy to use and runs in a browser so there is no installation required.
- Do you keep a record of the live online lesson?
Yes, we record every lesson so you can play it back at your convenience